Playing plans for the new season
Despite storms Freya and Gareth (and no doubt the rest of the alphabet soon) we are looking forward to our new season. Here are a few dates for you to note, particularly the changes in the session days.
Saturday March 23rd – lawns being laid out / pavilion cleaning
Sunday March 24th – lawns fully open for play
The above dates are weather dependent, so may be later. Please read e-mails or check on the website.
Monday March 25th – first AC session all day
Tuesday March 26th – first GC roll-up session 10.00 – 12.00
Wednesday March 27th – first GC ‘team coaching’ session 10.00 – 12.00. This is the new time for this session which was previously held on Tuesday afternoons.
Wednesday March 27th – 1.30 onwards mixed AC and GC session
Friday March 29th – new GC session 2.00 – 4.00 pm. This is the new time for this session which was previously on a Thursday afternoon. N.B. There are NO planned roll-up sessions on a Thursday, as 10 Thursdays are now NW fed matches.
Friday March 29th – GC evening session 5.00 – 8.00 pm
Sunday April 7 – Social Sunday / RAT league kick off 2.00 pm
Saturday April 13th – Taster Day
Put them in your diary!
News from the AGM
- Sarah Andrew, John Dawson and Trevor Farrell continue as officers of the committee
- Hugh Bray is now responsible for maintaining the membership list in place of Sally Slater, so any changes of e-mail or phone numbers please let Hugh know. Also any e-mail circulars that go to the whole membership will go to and come from him.
- The members list will not be sent out by e-mail but is available in the Members area of the website and will be kept up to date there.
- The proposed budget was passed at the AGM and subscription rates will remain the same for this season: £60 full membership, £35 second club/country. The subs are now due and are to go to Trevor Farrell at 62 Hough Green, Chester CH4 8JQ. You can also pay by BACS this year – sort code 20-20-46 / account number 03683826. If you pay by BACS please let Trevor Farrell know you have done so.
- In order to fulfill data protection requirements, we have to have evidence that you have allowed your data to be sent to the Croquet Association as everyone who joins Chester Croquet Club is entitled to become a standard member of the CA. Because of this, almost everyone filled in a membership form last year expressing their wishes. If you filled in a form last year then you don’t need to do so again, but if you didn’t fill in a form last year, or your details or wishes have changed, then please complete a new Membership form , sign it and send it with your subs.
- If you are a standard member of the CA and you agreed to do so, then your details are available on the CA website. There is now a self-edit facility to change your details directly. If you want to do this I can let you have information about how to do it. However, it would be better to go through Hugh Bray so our records are also up to date.
- The CA are changing the way they govern the sport by reducing their committee from 30 to 12 to enable it to concentrate more effectively on policy and strategy. In order to do this the constitution needs to be changed, so you are being asked to please vote so they can do this either by sending in the form in the Croquet Gazette or by going online and voting on the CA website. It is quick and easy and very important.
I think that’s it. In summary –
PAY SUBS and VOTE FOR CA CHANGES
Recycling old Gazettes
Hope you are all enjoying the gorgeous weather. May our coming season be half as good!
Just a note re The Croquet Gazette. Most members will have received the Croquet Gazette today. The CA have found that if copies are placed in waiting rooms at the doctors, hospitals and dentists surgeries and similar, it has generated quite a bit of interest in our sport.
So once you have read the Gazette cover to cover, it would be great if you could take it to be recycled where other people may take a look. Maybe next time you go to the physio or the dentist?
Thanks for your help
AGM, Friday, 8 March
What gorgeous weather! We shall soon be out and about on the lawns.
Firstly, though, there is the AGM and planning meeting to attend! This is your chance to have a say in how the club runs, so please put it in your diary and come along.
FRIDAY MARCH 8th at 7.30 p.m. at The Community Centre, Five Ashes Road, Westminster Park. There is parking on site or opposite at the shops.
The first part of the evening is the AGM. We will then have a break as there is a bar for drinks, and the second half of the evening will be the planning meeting for the season.
The AGM agenda, last year’s minutes and the 2018 accounts are in the Members area, so please print them off and bring them with you.
See you there!